What’s right for you?
Sometimes it can be difficult to know what kind of professional will serve you best as you seek to make or cope with change in your life. As both a Life Coach and a Licensed Professional Counselor, I obviously view both as having incredible value as tools to help people improve their lives. Both coaching and counseling involve having an objective partner who is dedicated to helping the client reach their potential and who uses a variety of proven techniques to meet that end. It’s important with both coaching and counseling to seek a professional who is trained and experienced and who abides by ethical standards set by professional organizations and, where applicable, licensing guidelines. It’s also important to find someone who is a good fit with you and your needs. The right fit involves your goals, their experience and areas of expertise, and both personality styles. Both relationships require a strong working relationship where trust, respect and a certain level of comfort form the foundation.
Coaching may be for you if you’re looking for
- A bridge of the gap between present reality and future dreams
- Growth and change through identification of goals, planning, and accountability
- A partner who works alongside you and views you as the expert on your life and who encourages you to set the agenda
Counseling may be for you if you’re looking for
- A bridge of the gap between past hurts and present functioning
- Healing and resolution through processing, understanding and support
- A partner who is an expert in their field who can lead and guide you
Many people have worked with both coaches and counselors at different times in their lives and for different purposes. Both can help you to get where you want to be. If you would like further information about my counseling and coaching practice, click here.
If you would like further clarification about coaching vs. counseling or would like to set up a complimentary 15 minute phone call to talk about your needs and see if we would be a good fit, please fill out the form below. If you would prefer, you can leave a voice mail or send a text message to 248-291-7559. I look forward to hearing from you!